November 9, 2014

Joy and Matzos

This is for yesterday! 

I'm so sad I am a day behind posting these! My goal is to get back on track tonight!!!

I will do my best to keep this one short and to the point! =) 

If you're new to me welcome!!! I'm Lallenia!! I am doing a 21 day challenge of trying not to eat processed sugar... well if it has 2g or less that is. You can start by reading HERE if you'd like or just jump in! 

Today (saturday) I've had a bit of an obsession with PB! Not like I used to... now i can control it but I craved it ALL day! 

Breakfast:
One of my favorites!!!

1/2 cup rolled oats cooked
1 TBLSP natural PB
1 Scoop Protein Powder (usually I'd use chocolate but we didn't have any)
a splash of Coconut milk

SO GOOD! When I use chocolate protein (or mix in cocoa powder) it tastes like a PB chocolate cookies.... well I mean... kind of.. with imagination .... you get it. 

This was kind of a late breakfast.

a few hours later I was CRAVING PB again!!! On toast with coffee.... weird right? 

The other night when I was looking for bread without sugar in it..... Hey I know bread isn't the BEST choice but it's better than eating candy, cookies, or cake... well not BETTER... but it's better. 

I found that my husbands all time favorite bread (rotellas) had the least amount! Less than 1g for TWO. 

All the wheat breads, ryes and oatmeal based had 2-4g for ONE piece.... crazy. So he was excited to see it when he got home. 

I ate 2 1/2  pieces of toast, 1 with PB the others with just cinnamon and butter..... so freaking good. 



 I know many of you reading this are probably pointing your nose up at me as bread is like completely OFF limits, especially to my paleo friends.... I get that. and normally i don't eat it all that much... but for this challenge I'm not going to place it as "off limits". If you read about my struggle yesterday then this makes sense. =) 

Side note: for those of you who DO struggle with eating too much PB.... I started getting the natural kind (usually) because yes WAY less sugar but also because it satisfy my craving but it doesn't make me want to eat the whole jar like Skippy or Jif does. 

I was still wanting something sweet.... so I had a..... you guessed it! POMEGRANATE! 
Check out the health benefits:


I did eat the whole thing again.... it's SUPER good! If it weren't for how time consuming it is to getting the seeds out I'd probably eat 2 of these every day. 

I was going to go to the gym earlier but time got away from me and by the time I was about to Kids Club was to be closed (my husband was at work). When he got home i went for a 4 mile run.... Can I just say I REALLY LOVE to run..... I hate it because I know in order to build muscle and look tight I should be doing sprints and lifting heavy weights... I like those too but I REALLY get a joy from running 3-6 miles. It puts me in a happy place, a different one from strength training. 

This also gives me joy... my beautiful fat kitty sitting like this: 

how cute is she??? so funny!!!! 


Dinner time
Wyatt and I snacked on sweet baby bell peppers.... YUM!!!!!!! 

He sees me taking pictures of my food and asks Why.... I tell him it's because I am showing my friends the healthy choices I am trying to make. So wyatt said lets show them I eat healthy too!! Here you go folks =) 

my nose looks SOOOO long... well it kinda is ... oh well... 



I cooked up some grass fed ground beef with taco spices and was planning on having nachos. Then I found my salad that will go bad soon so I made a taco salad.... 

I used these Matzos things instead of chips... we didn't have any at the time.... it was good. This is so weird but i REALLY like the Matzos with PB and jelly on them as well if I'm not eating bread..... I'm also learning you can use these in substitute for a lot of other recipes like lasagna and cakes.... fun!!!!


I still wanted something sweet so my husband picked these up: 


Then I made this: 


It was ok.... it was creamy but not the same as using cow milk. If I didn't use the greek yogurt then it wouldn't have been creamy just watery. I found this on a weight watchers website =) 

1 Package of pistachio sugar free pudding (or any flavor you want)
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk

That was my day =) 

This isn't diet or fitness related but I was sent this skin stuff  called Nerium to try from a girlfriend  in Cheyenne WY... I normally use Olay face lotion. 



I told her  I would take before pictures and after. I figured I'd share the results with you too.  Fresh out of the shower and NO make up on (no judging please) 

my face is SO red.... all the time. 

I am hoping this will take away the redness in my nose that i have to use makeup to cover up
Stop zooming in! Gross!! 

I'll keep you posted what I think of it! 

Ok I'm off to church and trying to talk my husband into going to the Movie Big Hero 6 again since he hasn't seen it ;-) It really is SOOOOO cute!!!! 

You all are awesome!!! 

Keep yourself Healthy, Fit and Fabulous!!! 

XoXo,
*Lallenia*


No comments:

Post a Comment