November 10, 2014

Hidden Sugar & Sunday Snuggles

Urgh... I tried SO hard to get this out last night... but again... it didn't happen. Maybe I need to be a little bit nicer to myself right? I mean at least I'm still doing one for each day. I'm SOOO NOT a night person... I try but I don't function well after 9pm... like at all. My husband on the other hand... exact opposite.

I love to workout in the morning.... he likes to workout at night.
I love to read in the morning..... he likes to read in the evening (unless it's the bible, he'll read for a little bit in the morning to start his day).
I love to see the sunrise... he loves to see the sunset.
I love to meet new people and friends he'd rather sit at home and watch football.
I love to listen to podcasts and audiobooks when I drive he'd rather listen to music when he drives.
and the list goes on....

Isn't amazing how differently people operate? I can't tell you how many times I've tried to change his habits or routines... all that does is get's us into screaming fights or someone resenting one another....

Ok I'm lying .... i STILL try to change his habits and routines... and this is why I am going to counseling sessions..... haha don't believe me?... Check this post out....

I guess I don't really believe our routines or differences make us argue...  if I am being 100% honest I'm using this as an excuse... it's just a matter of working with each other in a productive way in which I, personally, have a control issue and need to figure out why I think everything has to be done my way only..... (did I seriously JUST admit this!!!???... please don't tell my husband.... he tells me this all the time and I deny it.... it just came out onto this keyboard.... shhhhh... it can be our secret k??)

Side note: Don't worry we don't argue ALL the time btw... just when I don't get my way.... ;-)

This is also why I started this 21 day of (almost) no processed sugar diet (aka no crazy amounts of sugar in my diet)... I want it to be MY way and not someone else or some diet plan telling me what to eat. If i just remove the one thing that drives me into over eating on my own terms than maybe I will feel better and start learning how to control my cravings on my own. Then maybe I'd be ready to follow someone else's program (maybe).. please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this way?? I just want to rebel against what I'm "supposed" to do or what everyone else is doing... This probably has a lot to do with how I was raised and something I need to work on. Thank goodness i had good people in my life that all came together to raise me or I could've been a seriously troubled child... worse than I probably was.

** If you're new. (HIIII).. you probably think I'm super crazy already by these first few paragraphs... you can either start HERE or just keep reading and hop on board.... fair warning sometimes this turns into my diary and i don't know what will come out of my fingers..... 

Ok on to day 6 of this challenge I created for me:

Well first... who else has sunday morning snuggles with their family?? And has a  husband and son with longer eyelashes than them??? (I'm so envious of Brad's and Wyatt's eyelashes... is that weird??)

sunday morning snuggles
*I lOVE the filters on instagram.... my face looks super smooth for first thing in the morning =)



Breakfast: The BEST egg casserole EVER! (for real!) A woman brought this to a MOPS group I was part of last year and I fell in LOVE with it! It is a green chili puff egg casserole. SOOO good!!!! Almost NO carbs and the only sugar in it is from the cottage cheese. It is high in fat but fat isn't as deadly as sugar in my opinion....


 mmmmmm......

10 eggs
1 pt. 2% cottage cheese
1 lb. Jack cheese, shredded 
1/2 c. sifted flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2-4 cans diced green chiles

Beat eggs and add everything else. Pour into buttered 9 x 13 inch dish or two 9 inch pie plates (glass). Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees or until firm and knife comes out clean. Can be reheated after baking. Mushrooms or spinach may be added instead of chiles.

I DID modify the flour for a gluten free one as thats all I had on hand.... still turned out awesome! 


Then we went to church and saw our friend "Shirt" on the way out playing in the storm sewer like always.....
peek a boo!

My son seriously named him Shirt... I'm scared for his future children!

After this I was totally able to talk my husband into going to see Big Hero 6 with us!!!!
Such a cute movie! I'd say it ranks up there with Frozen... for real! Not as much singing but really touching and adorable.

these chairs.... new goal in my life... have a basement theatre with chairs like this...best thing EVER!

Before the movie we had Chipotle...


Love this place as it's really easy to eat healthy here! We didn't even order any popcorn or drinks at the movie.. I was so proud! (its the little things)

After the movie I totally ate my sons other taco he didn't eat as my pre-workout meal.... it was small!

Then we did a quick workout at the gym. I did some leg stuff....

It's SO weird not being able to workout like I used to because of my shoulder issues. There was this cute little chick working out next to me doing push ups off of dumbbells (which were one of my FAVORITE exercises back in the day)... I seriously wanted to kick her in the face because I was jealous... it would've totally been an accident.... but no worries I restrained and went to another part of the gym.

We were busy today!

I made Brad come with me to meet some new friends for dinner.... it was a contractor in town and his wife ... who I LOVE and hope to share more about her with you soon! I brought a caesar salad and they had pizza.

 OH NO!!! I guess this is where I messed up entirely.. .I really didn't think there was much sugar in pizza... turns out there is 2.7-6g per slice depending on the place that makes it.... I just looked it up and saw that.. I should've done my research before hand but it is totally one of those things I just assumed there was probably only a little bit to help the dough and in the sauce... I didn't think there was going to be as much as there is.

Super annoying!

Normally, this would be a good point for me to quit (and go eat Wyatt's halloween candy)... instead i learned from that and won't eat it again while doing the challenge. Much better than getting all mad at myself and giving up.

It was also really weird not eating a dessert when visiting friends! I mean how fun is it to pull out a brownie cake you make for company that comes over... nope. nadda. nothing. sad day.... but thank goodness because that would've been SUPER hard to resist.... I would have because of you though no worries... and no more pizza unless i make it!

I REALLY need to reconcile our business accounts for october so I will catch you all later =)

Keep yourself Healthy, Fit and Fabulous and watch out for hidden sugar!!!

XoXo,
*Lallenia*



No comments:

Post a Comment