November 3, 2014

Back again with a challenge =)

Hi.... It's me! Lallenia!

I am back here...

Why?

Well... 1st of all several people asked me about my Plumbers Wife blog.
2nd I want to talk about my little challenge I am doing for the next 21 days.

If you are new to my blog welcome!! I am sorry if some of this may confuse you but you'll catch on or go read other posts because you're so confused....

To answer the questions about A Plumbers Wife:
 I know in my last blog I said I was going to be blogging at aplumberswife.com and YES! I am soon... the reason it is taking me a little bit is because I am going through a learning curve. I was totally in the mindset when I wrote that blog I would be able to just dive in and everything would be so perfect and easy... false.

I didn't want to put up just an "OK" blog or site. I know many people will say but just START or you won't get anywhere.... behind the scenes I have. I invested in a few amazing courses from a few people I absolutely admire and they all say the same thing.... if you're going to put something out into the world make sure it's your best effort and adds value to people life and doesn't waste their time.

Going through these courses I have realized I needed to push back my vision for A Plumbers Wife and dig a little bit deeper into what I want to do with it. I will keep you posted!

I do have a quick question before I get into my blog today:
Which logo do you like more? A or B? I like them both in their own way. I'm curious to get some feedback.

A.  B. 



The reason I am back to my healthy, fit fabulous... and have a 21 day challenge is....

I feel GROSS!!!!!! Like really gross. 

I see all these awesome blogs, instagram accounts, facebook posts, twitter, (and whatever other platforms I'm missing here) with all these cute fun fitness models showing off their rock hard abs, bootylicious booty, poppin muscles, crazy workouts and super clean meals. 

These people are all talking about how awesome they are, how hard they work in the gym, how easy it is for them to keep their bodies in tip top shape all year round, telling us don't eat this, don't eat that, don't go running or you'll get fat... (haha that totally rhymed!) I'm easily amused =) 

Anyways don't get me wrong or sit there and call me a hater... I think they are awesome too!!! 
(and I may be slightly jealous)

What I DON'T see is their struggles.... until AFTER they figured out how to fix it or after they already have that six pack and went though the transformation. Not the REAL live struggle of what it takes to get there or if they've ever struggled at all to get healthy and fit. 

I get it. Some that DID struggle were self conscious and didn't want to talk to people until they felt confident in themselves and felt like they have been there done that "now I can talk about it and tell people what to do." 

I am sure there are many blogs, and social media accounts where people do share their struggle (and i am sure many people will be emailing me to let me know) but it's no one I follow or know of that does. I figured I would step out of the box like I did with my fitness competition journey and share my struggles from the start of my new challenge. 

As you know, if you know me I LOVE to workout... yes I REALLY LOVE it!!! Weird right? 

Many people don't... but I do. It's my relief, therapy, strength, it's kind of my guilty pleasure if I may. 
I had my 2nd shoulder surgery on my right side in February of 2014. This one REALLY knocked me down. For a long time. 

I actually am still am having issues so have quit doing any kind of strength training that may cause more damage to it. I could keep going on about how much this has affected me in more ways than just my body but I know you are busy so I will just tell you this SUCKS bad and I'm not myself.

After realizing seeing all these posts and blogs it made me think... ok... so what about someone like me? I know I have a fitness background and all but right now I cannot do a push up because of my shoulder injury (as in physically can't... and boy do i despise the word can't)... I LOVE PUSH UPS!! Really I do. I am very limited right now as to what my body will let me do without pain or strain so lifting weights even body weight has me limited. Yes there are things i CAN do... it's just not the same. I do go to cycle and run... will also train legs 1-2times a week.... but it's hard for me to get into it knowing I have to be careful and knowing what i used to do.

I also DREAD eating salads & vegetables right now.... no joke. Like, I have been avoiding them at ALL costs...super weird for me because I used to be obsessed with vegetables!

Basically I am just a complete fitness failure right now... I'd get an F- on my report card. (and DETENTION!

I'm just not on top of my fitness game. I can give you a million other excuses OR... I can do something about it. 

This weekend I asked myself....

Lallenia, what is it that you are REALLY struggling with that is making you feel so gross physically? 

Is it the fact you can't push yourself at the gym and feel strong? (why yes.. yes it is)

Is it the fact that you sit more because of the transition from working on your feet all day to running the office work of a business? (urgh gag me!)

Is it your food choices? (sooo... ice cream bars before bed is a bad thing??)

BINGO! 

It's TOTALLY my food choices... I am eating a lot of .. (brace yourself) SUGAR! (gasp)

After doing some deep digging (into the B&J's Americone Dream container)... I came to realize.... I feel gross because I am not fueling my tank with the appropriate nutrition my body needs to excel in life. I may not be able to push myself like I want at the gym but if I was eating to fuel my brain & body I wouldn't be so negative and feel so gross about myself. 

*Side note: If you follow me you know I also struggle with PCOS and insulin resistance so nutrition is even more vital for me to be on top of to feel good...

Today I am starting a 21 day (processed) sugar free diet. (but what about all of Wyatt's Halloween candy??)

No I didn't buy a program or anything. I am going to try to do it on my own. Picking foods I want just knowing what to look for and what is realistic for me. 

 I will blog every day for 21 days and let you know the outcome as far as how mentally, physically and emotionally. (This is your fair warning right now)

I am not going to limit my fruit intake or carbs, or any of that stuff that many diets want you to when starting a detox or diet. I am going to eliminate processed sugar.  I will read the labels and if there is processed sugar higher than 1-2g on there it's out. 

The reason why I say 1-2g is ok because that's hardly any and I know a few foods might have a trace. Again I am being realistic and starting small. (so you people that are perfectionist... go eat a gluten free sugar free cocoa nib paleo cookie and leave me alone)

Haven't we all gone all out on a diet only for it to fail 90% of the time?? It makes it so hard to turn it into a lifestyle change because we have this all or nothing thinking. I think it takes trial and error... and it's ok to fail or find what does and doesn't work for you as long as you don't give up trying. 

That's why this is by my rules, not a shake challenge, whole 30 challenge, or some kind of 0 carb challenge.  I am the only one that knows my body and I want to make this transition and painless as possible. 

OK I am not dragging this on anymore..... Here's what I ate today: 

Breakfast: 1 cup berries, 2 eggs, 1 cup broccoli (it's SOOO good with eggs! at least I tell myself that) and some coffee


Lunch: Pomegranate ... yep ate the WHOLE dang thing! I tried not too but I couldn't stop! Someone once asked how I could eat the seeds just by themselves.... well.... here's the proof: 

SOOO good!!!! Except when they get stuck in your teeth.... that is rather annoying and the whole thing has a large amount of carbs.... whoops. But it's natural right? 

Then i had a cheese stick... ok maybe 2 but 0g sugar.

Snack: Baby carrots and my 4 & 3/4 year old son, Wyatt,  totally talked me into buying a few flavors of tea from the Teavana store at the mall this past weekend... true story... (Wyatt is a little weird but don't tell his parents i told you that =)
.

I made it so I can put it in the fridge so I can have a few servings throughout the next few days for us.

Dinner: Salad w/ oil & vinegar, Crusted Tilapia, & sweet potato w/ butter. 

I DID IT!! I had my first BIG salad in like 5 months. Celebrating the small successes.
 (I will get a small dinner one sometimes but those don't count)

It wasn't too bad..... Maybe I will do this more. 

Then I had this tilapia stuff that has 1g sugar in a serving. This stuff is super yummy but also really processed.... look: 


I will take all my measurements tomorrow and probably post them.. possibly a picture if I get enough courage to venture in to that... Again I am not really going to track my portions, carb count or protein... I am just eliminating pretty much all processed sugar for 21 days to see if i feel a difference or look any different from this one change...again yes I will still eat some processed foods but will have to be VERY conscious of the sugar.1-2g MAX and I will do my best to avoid it. 

I hope this helps you by either giving you the courage to join me, giving you a few ideas for meals, and/or make you celebrate the SMALL successes in living to be a healthier you!

Ok i am going to go grab a cup of this totally delicious chocolate peppermint flavored tea Wyatt made me buy and watch the Black List... seriously this is one of the FEW shows i actually watch because my husband makes me... it's his love language.... cuddling on the couch and watching mindless TV. 

Talk to ya tomorrow! Feel free to join me on this 21 day challenge!!! Let me know if you do... if there is enough people we can start our own secret group and give each other support and whatever else they do in secret groups =) 

oh and Don't forget to subscribe if you want to not miss a blog from yours truly (and her evil side who is the sarcastic one that makes her eat bad food) =) 

Keep yourself healthy, fit and fabulous!!

-XoXo-

Lallenia 


No comments:

Post a Comment