June 15, 2012

messing up on day 11. =(


I sit here dreading what I have to admit today. I thought about just “forgetting” about it and pretending it didn’t happen but that would be lying. My hope is that this will open eyes to others as it has for me today…

Soooo…. Here I go…
Today my little boy had an icky cough on him and wasn’t eating too much. He was being a little fussy and really wanted to get out of the house, “mama IIII go bye bye.” Every 5 minutes.
I was trying to figure out a way to get my husbands fathers day gift home (a grill) and get Wyatt out of the house without being around too many kids and eat something relatively healthy. Then the idea came to me… I’ll call Brad and pretend my car broke down and was pulled into Lowes parking lot. He will have to come get me but will really be picking up his new grill and going to lunch with us. Perfect idea!
 
It turns out Brad was having an inspection at his job site and was really stressed since he is running the job. So needless to say he didn’t have lunch with us and it didn’t go the way I planned… He did get the grill though. Yes, he loves it but said that was horrible timing to try to be cute. Lol. I tried.
So here I am with my Wy man who is saying he’s hungry. I have a groupon for Smash burger and decided that wouldn’t be bad just don’t get the bun or sauces and Wyatt will eat there. We get there and I realize it is a little harder than I anticipated ordering;
 “Yes I’ll take the BBQ, Bacon, Cheeseburger without the BBQ, the cheese, or the bun. Please add a side of grilled onions and guacamole but only if it’s real avocados and is not processed. Oh and can you put the cheese, BBQ sauce and bun on the side because my son might eat them. Also a side of sweet potato fries for my son and an extra patty for him.”
I’m confused writing it out I can only imagine how the poor new cashier felt!

We get our order.
It was so awesome. I LOVE smash burger! 
Wyatt and I are just hanging out enjoying our lunch date when he puts a sweet potato fry in my mouth... 
I ate it. 
He kept feeding them to me and MINDLESSLY I ate the dang things. Literally, I was NOT in the slight bit thinking I was doing anything wrong. I was in a zone/habit. I had my healthy meal and felt really excited about it yet here I am eating sweet potato fries that are not like the healthy ones I make at home they are definitely fried and my guess it's NOT olive oil and parsley. 
After about 20 fries (really) I go take a drink of my water which turned out to be his watered down lemonade water. I realized crap thats not my water i can't drink that! Wake up lallenia! I looked down and realized i ate half of the sweet potato fries and was so sad i did could've cried.
I am still shocked at how easy i forgot about my Whole30 and just went along with the flow. This was a HUGE wakeup call to me! 
I hate it happened but might be a blessing in disguise. I'll be honest it wasn't very disguised today! I felt feel horrible, not just about this little fall in my challenge but my body!

I love when people think it's the vegetables that cause gas and bloating. False. I go from eating pretty dang awesome with tons of vegetables to eating 20-30 sweet potato fried fries and feel it draining me. No joke. It took a lot out of my body to process this kind of food leaving me sluggish and tired.
 It made that much of a difference in only 10 days. Think of the whole30 days of clean eating.

I am so upset that happened!! I really did not want to steer away at all for the whole30. I will chalk this up to an eye opener and learning experience.

On to happier notes. My son is singing E-I-E-I-OOOO and "tinkle tinkle wittle star" in his bed right now. He sings himself to sleep. Its SO cute!

I started my 6-week fitness challenge today! I focused my workout on back. I will start posting workouts soon I promise!

Dinner i made for the guys was supposed to be a meatza but ended up being a hamburger pie.
I asked my husband how it was and he said good enough to eat. lol I think i have ALOT of learning to do with this one!

My body needs to get to sleep to finish digesting my mindless eating escapade.
Pay attention at all times whats going into our precious temple God built for us to maintain in a healthy way.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again. - Franklin P. Jones


Keep yourself Healthy, Fit, and Fabulous!!
*Lallenia*




No comments:

Post a Comment