June 16, 2012

I SCREAM for Ice cream!!! Day 12 of 30!

Shish Ka BOB kind of day today!
Had an awesome workout this morning! I will tell you that even though i have taken out my supplemental protein drinks and Xtend (which I LOVE), I thought I was going to start getting weaker.
SO WRONG.
I trained legs today and was lifting heavier than I've ever done for many movements. The crazy part? I wasn't even trying to challenge myself. (I still have to be cautious of my UTI, it's tender).
 I'm still in shocked at how strong I felt during my workout!

SO it is day 12 of this whole30 and I have noticed:
*My sleep is deeper
*Stronger performance during workouts
*No rashes on my skin like i normally get during summer

I think these are some awesome results so far for 12 days!

Breakfast was this AMAZING sweet potato hash and two eggs.
 Sweet potato hash:


  • 3 strips bacon, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 medium sweet potatoes, about 8 ounces each, peeled and 1/4-inch diced
  • 1/2 cup chopped red onion
  • cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon jalapenos, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

in a 13-inch saute pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon and olive oil. When the oil heats and the bacon begins to sizzle, add the sweet potatoes and spread out as much as possible to allow the potatoes to rest in the pan in 1 layer. Leave the potatoes to cook until a quick toss reveals browning on the side in contact with the pan, about 5 minutes. Continue to toss and let stand until most sides of the potatoes are golden and the bacon bits are crisp, 3 to 5 minutes longer. Then add the onions, garlic, jalapenos, cumin and season with a nice pinch of salt and a grind or 2 of pepper. Cook the same way, allowing everything to sit in the heat of the pan for a minute or 2. Taste and re-season if necessary.

While i was making breakfast i decided to package all the sweet potatoes up, onions & bacon piecesfor fast future preparing! Because I WILL be making this ALOT!!! (have I told you how much I LOVE sweet potatoes?) 





Lunch was at a previous clients house of mine, who served us Kabobs, Asparagus and fruit... so perfect and healthy!! (I'm sure she knew not to serve anything less lol) 




The funny thing is thats what we were planing on making for dinner too! So we had Kabobs twice!I I had to try out the new grill! haha my girlfriend and I are the ones who were grilling on it! While the guys were indie with the kids gossiping. It was great! 


We were feeling a little creative so decided to grill bacon... just don't burn it. This picture was taken before the first batch was burned. Scooby loved it! 

Oh yeah!!! i also made healthy ice cream today! And it was REALLY REALLY good!!!!!! 

In a blender or food processor mix:
4-6 Frozen Bananas
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
2-3 tablespoon nut butter (I'm sure peanut butter would be AMAZING but today I used almond butter for my whole30)
mix it All up an enjoy!!!!!

If THAT doesn't make your day then I don't know what would? Healthy ice cream thats actually yummy? Count me in please! 

I had to say no thank you to Schwan's Ice Cream today... urgh...it really looked (and sounded) amazing! I'm waiting for when it looks gross to me....... 

 I have always believed that you are who and what you surround yourself with but with this Whole30 challenge i am a GINORMOUS believer of it! 
I see how easy it is to get sucked into eating crap or think you deserve to eat something... who deserves eating junk food all day? Thats no treat for your amazing body that determines the rest of your life  depending on how you care for it.  

Why Sacrifice what you want most (feeling & looking healthier) for what you want now (an ice cream bar)?



Keep yourself Healthy, Fit, and Fabulous!!
*Lallenia*

No comments:

Post a Comment