June 17, 2012

Hiding Cinnamon Rolls on Day 13

I walk into the kitchen this afternoon to find my husband hunched over hiding a huge, fluffy, dripping with frosting cinnamon roll from Wheatfields. 
I was so jealous mad.

 His mom brought it by for fathers day and he thought I was in still snuggling with our little boy for nap time. He was trying to be sneaky.  I glared at him and told him I didn't like him anymore. 
And I thought having to feed my son an amazing looking cake at the bridal shower was hard not to eat. Seeing my husband have the cinnamon roll was really hard! (because I know all I had to do was ask and he'd give in.... happy wife makes a happy life =))

About 3 minutes later after I went to the bedroom, put my head in a pillow and screamed cooled down, I went back out to apologize. He had devoured it as fast as he could so "I wouldn't be tempted." 

Brad said, "Honey, if you weren't on this diet you could have some."
I looked at him annoyed,"Babe. If you ever listen to anything I say this ISN'T a diet. It's me eating whole foods for 30 days and nothing processed. I'm not counting calories, measuring my food or watching points. I'm not doing it to lose weight either."
Brad raises his eyebrows,"ooo-kay... then why are you doing it?"
 Me, "To train my body and brain how I should really be eating. I am re-setting my metabolism and my habits."
Brad, "You're so weird. But thats why I love you."
Me, "Way to suck up." 

I understand why these guys from Whole9 tell you to go 30 days eating only whole foods. It teaches you self discipline in every situation and there is an end in sight so it's doable. My hope is when the 30 days are up I have trained my body and mind that I do not need that junk. I'm not going to lie, right now it is hard and I feel like if I wasn't on this challenge I'd give in... in a heartbeat! 

Fitness today was a run outside. I normally try to do mainly sprints and plyometric training but I love throwing in some distance running 1-2 times a week. I ran 4 miles in 28:49 today. Which isn't horrible but I can tell I still have pain in my tummy from the infection! (can't wait for those antibiotics to kick in!)

After my run today today I made Brad my awesome Jicama Hash from day 7 and eggs. (He LOVED it!) 
Then Wyatt and i went to a bridal shower. I was a little nervous thinking maybe i should've eaten more or brought some nuts. But they had a great selection of fruit, sausage croissants, wraps, cream puffs and cake. It was REALLY beautiful! I had the sausage and eggs off the croissant, a bunch of fruit, and coffee. The hardest part was not being able to eat the cake with coffee! One of my favorite things is something sweet with coffee... I know i should've been a cop =)

Had a little more jicama hash for late lunch then I grilled AGAIN today! I made some hamburgers, brats (for the boys) and this amazing vegetable stir fry with bacon. Everyone ate their veggies tonight!!! 

I sautéed bacon pieces for about 5 minutes then added broccoli, red onions, and green bell peppers and let it all cook together.... it was OUTSTANDING.  Topped the burger with avocado mash. Doesn't it make you feel better just looking at this awesome meal!

We have no buns in the house because I am trying to get the guys used not needing bread all the time. it's working =)


Wyatt LOVES eating avocados from a bowl...

(and Brad thinks I'M weird??)


Time to snuggle with my honey, watch a movie and munch on some cherries! 


Keep yourself Healthy, Fit, and Fabulous!!
*Lallenia*


No comments:

Post a Comment