June 18, 2012

Cramps caused from fat? day 14....

Having terrible stomach pains last night (Sunday) I was a little worried maybe it was caused from the higher fat in my diet. Rest assured. It's just my body telling me I am able to reproduce if I want. =)

I am curious to see the way my body reacts to this time of the month while on the whole30. The first day is always the worst for me so needless to say it was hard to do much activity. I did try jump roping and performing some push ups but a UTI and menstrual cramps are a horrible combination.

I hope you're not feeling sorry for me because you don't need too! Other than the cramps i'm feeling great! I only had 3 hours of sleep Sunday night due to my husband & I watching Immortals before bed so i kept waking up to the Greek God's cutting peoples throats off. Feel free to laugh at me, it's ok I'm a little ridiculous i know but I do not do well with movies unless they are happy (this why I LOVE Disney movies).

Monday morning was left over sweet potatoes and hash for breakfast. My brother had a 3 hour Dr appointment so we brought pistachios (YUM) and larabars.

Lunch was SUPER easy and really tasty!
2-3 pieces of minimally processed ham (or turkey) rolled over avocado and wrapped in romanian lettuce. I had 3 of these awesome  wraps. You can even add other veggies and meat for more variety. My brother and wyatt added muenster cheese. (how rude) but at least it's not all of it AND bread.... baby steps.

I must say I am getting pretty awesome at this whole grilling thing. I made pork tonight! I always seem to forget about pork. It's a great lean meat to add to your diet plus it's not that expensive! I also made my own ketchup for the 1st time! Ok Ok... I wouldn't say it tasted like ketchup exactly but it was yummy! (I topped the pork with ketchup lol.... can you spot the pork?...)

1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste;
2 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice;
1/4 tsp dry mustard;
1/3 cup water;
1/4 tsp cinnamon;
1/4 tsp salt;
1 pinch ground cloves;
1 pinch ground allspice;
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional;



Mix it together and BAM! 


So my mind was saying I still need to eat food....hmmm lets try that ice cream again! 
3-6 bananas (frozen)
1-2 tblsp of cocoa powder
2 tblsp  of nut butter.
Blend really good and enjoy! 

One thing that makes me SOOOO happy is seeing my fridge stocked with healthy food for my family!



 It makes me smile and I get really excited! This is only the crisper part of the fridge. (I am so happy we bought a fridge with this accessory!) We have a pantry and shelf full of fruits and veggies also. 

I have found it is so easy when you have the food ready to go ahead of time. Whenever I grocery shop I always plan on prepping it all and getting it ready to eat or make something with. It saves SO much time and money by not allowing things to go bad before you have time to make it. 

oh yeah! My husband told me if I make his lunches he will start eating what I am.... that may not seem like a cool thing to some people but to me I'm stoked! This means he is slowly starting to realize  maybe I am onto something... I can tell he is feeling better too. =) 

Keep yourself Healthy, Fit, and Fabulous!!
*Lallenia*


No comments:

Post a Comment