June 26, 2012

I am giving up.

Yep. I'm giving up on trying to write these blogs at night time. I am so NOT a night person and have found it hard to get to bed at a decent time if I try to write before I go to bed. Then I have a hard time falling asleep because my brain is wired. (for those of you who know me I am sure you're thinking when is it NOT wired Lallenia?)

I know I have been MIA the past couple days! No, I didn't fall off the wagon! Actually stronger than ever on this challenge! I just have been enjoying the company of my husband being home a little more this weekend and had a little cooking feast with the recipes from the success guide for Whole30. AMAZING! (i will give you the recipes in a bit!)

This is Day 22 of my Whole30 challenge (http://whole9life.com/). It is pretty amazing to me that I have not had the desire for anything sweet since I started! Nor have I had the urge to binge. (now if you follow me on pinterest I just pinned a bunch of delicious looking recipes because I have been in a cooking mood and they just looked yummy. I am sure i will still make some things occasionally that are not whole9 approved but not nearly as much as I would have before AND I like to see if i can create my own healthy versions!)

I am thinking the couple who wrote the book is going to make some doctors go out of business if we were able to teach out of this book in school. I honestly do not understand why they don't teach us how to take care of our bodies in school. They expect parents to do it for their kids, but these days half of the parents cannot even take care of themselves! I can only imagine how successful we could be as a nation if children were taught at a young age how food affects your brain and body. I bet we would make healthier decisions if we were educated correctly. 

Not just from some Dr. on TV making money from telling us to go buy some supplement to help us feel better. Same with the packaged food that reads healthy heart or high fiber.... it is ALL a way of making money. Whoever is selling you their food or product is not concerned about you and your family. The companies are concerned about themselves and their families condo in Italy.

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and your family if you want to live a healthier lifestyle. I do not just mean a "skinny" or "fit"  lifestyle. I mean healthy as in wake up and feel confident in yourself and your abilities. I believe it all starts with what is on your plate. 

Remember; I did not have a family that was super supportive, loving or that encouraged me to be healthy (actually just the opposite). I made these changes on my own. So don't sit there telling me your excuses. I have not always been fit and confident, I have had many struggles and abuse throughout my life, probably more than many of you can imagine, and many ups and downs in weight and fitness levels.

 No,
 I don't want sympathy or attention from it all. I want you to use it as motivation for wherever you are starting. I absolutely HATE when i hear "You don't get it, You've never had to struggle with food or working out." I better stop right there because I will go on more of a tangent. 

Whew!! I am all worked up now.... *deep breath*....
As you can see I get a little passionate because I want people to be believe in themselves that they can overcome any obstacle that may appear in front of them. It's not always easy... I get it.  That doesn't mean it can't be done, and yes you may will have to work for it! 

I am finding a true love for cooking lately. I guess that means I am turning into a foodie? I don't know what that is.. .I suppose I can ask my search engine and it will tell me. (yep! I just looked it up and I fit right in!) 

This past weekend I made Shrimp and Salmon Chowder Paleo style... seriously delicious. I was excited beyond belief! I blew up the recipe for you below the picture. Unbelievable taste. Only thing i would have changed was to crisp the bacon a little better than I did and crumble it. 


I also made their beef and sweet potato stew in the crock pot. (haha and it's 90* outside... but these dishes are SO easy and so delicious)
Just remember to only go 8 hours not 12... it was a little mushy but still awesome!!!



I made a couple more that we will be having leftovers for these next few days but I hear a little boy calling for me. I think that means my time is up for now!

Oh and seriously check out the Whole30 challenge and Melissa and Dallas Hartwigs book "It Starts With Food." It will serisouly change your life.

Remember, what you put in your body is what you get out of it. If you're not liking your performance in any area of your life right now... don't go running to a Dr for pills... change whats on your plate first.


Keep yourself Healthy, Fit, and Fabulous!!
*Lallenia*



No comments:

Post a Comment