November 5, 2014

Confessions.......

End of day 3! 18 more days of trying to stay away from the devil food... processed sugar...

I figured out why I almost died yesterday and feel so gross.... take a guess?

Nope not pregnant (really sad isn't it???).... quite the opposite....

yep! My "friend" came to play this month... (Oh hey, I'm really good at the whole TMI thing FYI.)

Side note: If you're a newbie... HIII!!!!! (that's me smiling and waving like a big dork!) you may want to start with this blog first to know what I'm doing... or you can keep reading and figure it out on your own. ;-) 

Anyways if you're a chick reading this you'll probably find this amusing and relatable. If you're a dude reading this.... good for you man! Don't go away! Keep reading... as it will give you some insight on the way women REALLY feel when their lovely red friend comes to town.

If you've followed me or know me personally you know I struggled with an eating disorder for a long time (bulimia... yes the one where you throw up your food... no it didn't make me skinny so don't do it). During the time of that struggle I also worked out... a lot... like ridiculous amount of cardio.

This caused me to  never have a "regular" menstrual cycle because my body was entirely confused on what to do with me... basically it hated me and is taking it ALL out on me now that I am starting to have a "regular" menstrual cycle. But it's not "normal" it's VERY painful now due to a few disorders I've developed. I believe my ED (eating disorder) is the reason I have what is called PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome ) and Mittelschmerz (This is a very painful ovulation).

 I could be wrong, but I strongly believe if I was taught how to take care of myself when I was younger, told I was beautiful, and learned how to eat to fuel my body not just because it tasted good I would not have resorted to the ED and not struggle with self confidence issues therefor wouldn't be having these woman issues.
(But then what would you read to feel good about your life and happy that you don't deal with all these "issues" like me? ;-)) 

If you have a daughter, seriously, teach her at a very young age about eating to fuel & nourish her body, tell her she is beautiful, smart and important. Even if you have a boy make sure to tell him he's handsome, smart, important and teach him about the foods that fuel his body and the ones that will make him sick later in life... (remember what you eat today will affect you tomorrow.)

Trust me! They listen!! My 4 yr old son isn't perfect (pretty close though) yet he knows to only have a little bit of "bad food" because a lot is bad for his body and he will tell you that. (No I'm not that crazy mom that won't let him have ANY "bad" stuff) He has cod liver oil every night, drinks tons of water and even refuses to eat ice cream sometimes because it's "bad" for his body.... trust me they listen!!!

This is a VERY powerful yet extremely accurate quote I remember daily when I am with my son:



Onward with my day of trying not to eat my entire fridge and pantry... yes this is true.... When it's that time of month some of us women really do just want to stuff our faces because it just seems appropriate and oh! so comforting.

Sooooo ..... I have a Confession.....

When I was a trainer and didn't have this "normal" time of the month (due to my over exercising) I always thought this was just an excuse to eat. I never understood my clients emotional and physical battle with this. I would just think... "Man that sucks to feel that way.... are you SURE it's not just because you don't have enough self discipline?".... Don't worry... I am getting paid back PLUS interest for not fully realizing this reality for so many women.

Yes, there is a kind of discipline but I have learned you also need to recognize and know your body so you know how to approach this situation and be ready for it. (like removing all tempting foods and scheduling out workout dates)

Moral to you males reading this (if you made it this far): When it's "that" time of the month.... buy her her favorite chocolate, some cute workout shoes, and rub her back to sleep for comfort... well maybe not that last one.. I've never met a man that would only "rub" a back for comfort... Be nice and don't get mad when she freaks out for no reason.... is that too much to ask??


Diary for the day:
Breakfast: 2 Eggs & Sweet Potato... don't worry I didn't dare attempt a picture of that again... your welcome.

Snack: I came upstairs from working and was like I NEED chocolate.... So i tried to ease my craving with this savvy little coffee drink....
I made coffee then used coconut milk and sugar free chocolate sauce to resemble a Mocha from Starbucks.... not even close to being the same... but i used my imagination!

Lunch: 10 minutes later I realize I'm STILL hungry!!! Nothing sounds good... I. JUST. WANT. A. BROWNIE. SUNDAY.... instead i literally FORCED myself to eat something healthy... because of you guys.... seriously if it weren't because of this commitment I made to the WWW I totally would've gone and sat at E-Creamery and ate a HUGE brownie Sunday to myself. I settled for a cheese stick and a cucumber salad.... BARF.

SEE! I can't even handle it..... 

But it looks pretty!

Even the cucumber didn't even want to go in my mouth!

I have ANOTHER confession to make here.... so it took me like a thousand times to take a selfie of my "barf" face.... no joke! How in the heck are people so good at taking selfies all the time to post up on social media and look flawless???

I mean check it out... in one i have a HUGE nose... in another my eyes are crossed, yet another I look like I have mental issues (not that there's anything wrong with that) but really... this is a lot of work....

Please don't zoom in this isn't filtered! 
Maybe I need some selfie lessons along with taking pictures of my food??

Snack: After a while I come back upstairs because I still want to eat my house....

I find this Trek Mix... I reach in thinking ok I can totally eat the cashews, chia clusters and almonds out of here and just taste the chocolate chips and dried cranberries on my tongue since they are mixed together... that's not technically eating the sugar right?.... That's like a husband saying "but Honey! we only snuggled together I didn't cheat!".... RIIIGHT.... I totally had a few pieces of chocolate chips and dried cranberries.... Please don't get mad at me!! I didn't have the whole bag!! I wont do it again!

For real though... I didn't over do it.... like at all.... and I feel guilty I even thought I could get away with smelling the chocolate chips...

The cool thing... this didn't make me give up and say FINE I blew it I quit and be done or binge.... Usually that's the pattern I would follow... this time I forgave myself and said hey get back on track.

I STILL wanted chocolate 30 minutes later!! SO I came up with this....

I ONLY had 1 TBLSP of PB because 2 TBLSP has 3g sugar... I know the container would look otherwise but that's because it's almost gone anyways! (I SWEAR!!!) I was hoping the chocolate stuff would taste better later in the day... yeah... it was ok... it tasted good on the PB!! (What DOESN'T taste good with PB on it.... (if you're my close friend reading this you're dying laughing right now!)
Overall this snack curved my craving.... not too bad!!!

Can you guess I was STILL hungry an hour later.... WTF?! I am thinking... this is crazy! I hate hormones! I thought I'll eat something kind of salty to persuade my sweet tooth away. I ate about 20 of these

Dinner: Now this was delicious!!!!

corn tortilla, cheese, grass fed beef, black beans, & taco sauce... low sugar and super yummy!! 

Bedtime snack: That chocolate tea I told you about yesterday my son picked out... SOOOO amazing!!!
mmmmmm I am sipping it right now... be jealous! 
I'd give today an A-.... an A because I didn't even touch the Halloween candy no matter how bad my evil side was telling me you all would never know! That's a pretty BIG deal!

As for working out... I was super lazy today... well actually I planned to go running over lunch but I had A TON of work to get done for this system we are implementing... ok and i didn't want to... who am I kidding.

Don't worry I plan on getting up early tomorrow to go! I desperately need to force myself since i ALWAYS  feel better after I do!

No I didn't do my measurements AGAIN! and no... no picture yet...  maybe tomorrow....

Ok I'm going to take a Midol PM and go to bed... (because you wanted to know that!)

Keep yourself Healthy, Fit and Fabulous one step at a time!!

Love you all!

XoXo,
Lallenia

PS If you want some awesome recipes to use and inspiration for overcoming an ED check out one of my friends blogs here... it's totally awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment