August 26, 2012

Progress + Chocolate + PB = excited me!

My body fat is down about 3% in 2 WEEKS! WOOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!
(In case you're confused as to what I'm doing read this blog first )
Can you tell I am excited?
I ONLY lost 1.5lbs from the SCALE but i lost 4lbs of fat! yes FAT loss is what i want NOT total body weight loss.
Check out this picture and you will understand why....

SEE!? Muscle LOOKS smaller than fat AND it burns more calories at rest than fat does. Do i need to keep trying to convince you to go perform some type of resistance training? If so here are some more reasons that lifting weights is better in the long run than just cardio:

1. Improving everyday performance in life (like carrying groceries and playing with children.)
2. Builds strong bones (helps against osteoporosis)
3. Helps fight against diseases and illness (like arthritis, diabetes, depression, heart disease and many more)
4. Protects against injuries by keeping your bones, joints, ligaments and muscles strong.
5. Improves balance, muscle control, and posture.

If you are a women with the thinking "but i don't want to get bulky lallenia!" Unless you're taking in obscene amounts of calories and/or steroids while lifting obscene amounts of weights, you WILL NOT get bulky! You will actually become leaner and more "toned." Toned is another word for having muscles on your body. I don't know about you but I like the look and the feeling of strong over weak and skinny.

I am not one that admires the look of Victoria Secret models.... well I used to when I was a teenager but that was before i discovered the strong, capable, and lean muscle look of fitness models. I used to dream about having a body like them. I never thought it was possible. I had such low self esteem and confidence. I didn't think I was ever petty enough, fit enough, smart enough or capable. I always thought i was so broken that no one would want me or like me.

I remember I always had to try to fit in with people in school. I didn't have cool clothing, I didn't know how to do my hair, I always tried to be good at sports but I only had "potential." I always had to work really hard to get anything right. I did not have much home support financially or mentally. I basically was lost and just fighting my way trying to figure out life on my own. Clinging to people and an eating disorder that gave me a sense of  security and acceptance, weather it was false or not I just wanted to feel like I belonged and like I was loved.

What does my little "feel sorry for me" story and strength training/working out have to do with each other? A whole lot!

Even if one didn't come from a background like mine and has the most amazing family in the world there is just something about having the ability to do push ups without being on your knees, being able to pull yourself up without the support of the assistance machine, squatting your body weight, sprinting up a hill without feeling like you can't breathe.... there is just something about feeling physically strong and seeing the definition in your body form that can change your whole out look on life.

Of course to get to be able to do these things didn't happen over night! I had to do thousands of push ups from the wall, then from my knees before I was able to do one from my toes, and pull ups.... I love them but they are so hard I'm lucky to get more than 2 wide grip but i still work to get more. It's taken me 2 years to be able to squat my body weight and sometimes I still struggle with the perfect form. Hill sprints freaking rock!!!! Yet they kick my butt every time! My point is seeing progress in the way your body and mind look, feel, perform and the strength you develop is rewarding in so many ways than just vanity. It has saved my life and my future.

This is my passion and something I will do my best to inspire others to feel and adapt as a habit. I will tell you out of my (almost) 8 years of personal training not ONE person as EVER regretted working out, eating healthier, and feeling stronger than they did the day before. It wont happen over night but if you constantly work at it, you too will reap the benefits of a stronger body and mind. Just make sure you know what you're doing and ALWAYS start off slow and steady at your own pace, don't campare yourself to anyone else.... focus on making YOU better.

Well this wasn't at all what was on the agenda for the blog this evening....haha I get a little passionate at times. Anyways.... 10 1/2 weeks before I step on stage half naked with heels that i don't even know how to walk in yet..... hmm... what am I doing this for again?????? ooooo yaaaaa.... because I made this as a goal 4 years ago and feel like if I don't do it now then I will regret not doing it. AND I really want another baby.... I do!!! Wyatt is getting so big and I am having baby fever. So if i can get this dang goal of mine out the way then I can check it off my bucket list =) Plus, I want to show myself I CAN look like those fitness models....I AM capable and strong enough to endure the diet, the training, and the dang 5 inch high heels. I got this.

I am just now starting to realize this is a competition. A REAL competition. I know I am going to be my best and look my best with the tools I have been given. I understand there is a lot of politics and what not so I am not going to expect a trophy.... but that doesn't mean I'm going to not give it my 110%.


Guess what  I made tonight....
Oh.My. GOSH. only the "dessert" that will keep me from feeling deprived during this whole dieting process..... I can't even tell you how freaking excited i am to share this recipe with you!!!!!! You ready for it????

Chocolate Protein Peanut Butter Mousse
I'm drooling right now thinking  of eating this again..... YUM!


1 cup Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt
1 Scoop chocolate protein powder
1 tablespoon coca powder 
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter (or other nut butter if desired) 
(can cut it all in half if need lower calorie amount)


Mix it all up really well...... ENJOY!!!!! 

Full serving
364 Calories
22g Carbs
10.5g Fat
48.5g Protein

I need to eat 2,000 calories a day so my night time meal can be about 300-400 calories and boy oh boy does this hit the spot!!!!
I tried it last night without the cocoa powder and PB.... wasn't the best thing I've ever made so tonight i needed 100 more calories from fat and protein.... so I added the crunchy PB..... simply delicious!!!!!



Ok folks.... it's WAY past my bed time!!! See I always have so much i want to write but I am silly and try to write before bed so I end up saying screw this and go to bed instead.... When I do write it at night I stay up later than I should.... maybe I will try writing during the day next time =)

-Keep yourself Healthy, Fit & Fabulous-
~Lallenia~

2 comments:

  1. How many servings is this and can it be frozen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean! It's only one but can be more than one for less calories! and yes it can be!

      Delete