June 9, 2012

It's all in the Mind. Day 6 Whole30

"It's all in your mind."
"You got this!"
"Don't think about failing (or falling) just focus on what you are doing at this time."
"one step in front of the other..." 

These and many other thoughts were running through my head during the warrior dash today. It started at 1pm during the hottest time of the day. My husband was my partner and I named our team Pumpin Hunnies! (He's such a good sport!) I did have to ditch him after first half mile because he's not a runner (he likes lifting a little bit more.) So my time probably would've been 3-5 minutes faster but I don't mind I love him anyways!















See! I told you he was a good sport! He even wore the silly shirts I made for us!












 And posed for silly pictures with me! (wyatt is still learning on perfecting his bicep flexing ;-))


The Dash was a lot of fun and was certainly a mental challenge for me more than physically. I feel pretty good about the running after I left the hubby. I will admit I walked 1/2 of two hills. (they sucked!) 
The hardest part for me was being scared I was going to hurt myself since I have experienced 2 shoulder surgeries (one on each shoulder from crazy incidents). I went slow through some of the obstacles to keep good form that I had to sprint the running part in order to get a decent time. All in all It was a BLAST! 

As for the Whole30 diet.... DAY6 baby and still going STRONG!!!!!!

 It was HARD today. 

Breakfast i finished off the Brussells Sprouts! YEAH! Eggs, sprouts, and sausage... yum.











See it looks so yummy and healthy!

I was unable to have a red bull or any kind of energy drink from the gas station stop. *Urgh* I got a water and coffee. 

After the race they had bananas, granola, and beer!
 I had a Banana.....just one.
Then a turkey leg... YUMMY! It was huge so I couldn't finish it.

The hardest part of the day was my husband and his buddy going into this old fashioned ice cream fountain shop for malts..... They kept saying "c'mon you just ran a warrior dash you deserve it!" I said no thank you! I ate my cherry Larabar instead (AWESOME snack if need something quick!)



Cherries, almonds and dates. yum.


I had a SMALL ziplock of mixed raw nuts as well.

For dinner I ate Left overs from yesterday. My husband had BBQ brisket.

As you can see there are A LOT of obstacles I face in my daily life but have made a commitment to this 30 day challenge and am pretty solid on not giving in. 

It is AMAZING what your mind can do when feeding it positive thoughts. For example crawling under barbwire fences, up steep walls with no support, trudging through mud, running hills and then being tempted with old fashioned fountain ice cream after it all because you "deserved" it.
No Thanks. I deserve to keep the promise i made and feel confident in my ability to follow through with it. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger more confident and smarter if you allow it too. 

I need a cup of tea and some sleep. Good night World! Thanks for motivating me to keep on the 30 day Whole food challenge! My hope is that I can inspire others to do the same! 



Keep yourself Healthy, Fit, and Fabulous!!
*Lallenia*

No comments:

Post a Comment