June 10, 2012

Leftover casserole Recipe and Bad Habits Day 7!

I will start off with dinner tonight because it rocked my socks off!

One of my girlfriend's left some steak and crab at my place when she came to visit me today...whoops! I didn't complain just tried to figure out a way to use it to make dinner (it was from Flat Iron how could i not?)

 I originally thought about making a quiche, I LOVE quiches! They are SO easy and delicious. Once I started sauteing the onions, and sweet potatoes together with olive oil, I became really excited and cooked a bit too much for a quiche.


I then added some Kale and garlic.....

After it cooked down a bit I added the left over steak and crab in with salt and pepper
Placed it all in a baking dish with 12 beaten eggs.

Baked it in the oven at 350* for 30 minutes


Came out awesome! The only thing I would do different is not add the crab. The crab gave it a different taste. It was not bad just unexpected.


The cool thing is that you can serve this for breakfast or lunch as well! It freezes nicely and you can use any kind of left overs you'd like. Get Creative! Next time i make this i want to make a sweet potato crust somehow. That just sounds amazing doesn't it??

Today is my Day 7 on the whole30 and I am patiently waiting for it to get over easier...

My handsome hubby made me eggs and bacon. ( love his eggs!) I steamed some broccoli to add to it. I love it all mixed together. I also had an apple with 2 tablespoons of almond butter because i felt really hungry!

Lunch was leftovers from two nights ago and broccoli, with some cashews and olives.

As i was making the awesome dinner i did have a couple of the potatoes that came with her left overs thinking these are whole foods then realized white potatoes are NOT whole30 approved.... dang it!!!!

I have found I need to keep myself busy and out of the kitchen in between times to eat or I will feel the need to snack for no apparent reason. Which leads me to our bedtime story tonight....

I read the Bernstein Bears Forget Their Manners to Wyatt tonight. (great read!) My favorite part was when Mama Bear told her cubs they needed to replace their bad manners with good ones so they didn't have to do chores. Of course my brain converts everything to fitness and health so I am thinking yeah! Mama Bear! If everyone can replace their bad health habits with good ones we'd be so much healthier and happier!



She made a chart with a bad habit then had the chore they had to do if they performed that bad habit. For Example if one of the bears name called they had to clean the cellar. I am not saying if you eat some Twinkies you need to go dust your house (not a bad idea though) but i am saying if you make a chart of all the habits you'd like to break on one side and on the other a list of habits to replace the old it will help guide you on a healthier lifestyle.

Here are a few of mine I'd like to work on during the rest of this challenge to break these two habits.

Bad Habits                                              
1.) Not portioning my nuts I snack on        
2.) Snacking on the food while i cook      

Replace with
 1.) 1/4 measuring cup next to my mix
 2.) Limit the snacking to celery sticks or ice until food is ready

Oh I know there are many more that could be on the list but let me conquer these first then we'll talk about more k?

AHHH SO CUTE!
Little Wy guy just snuggled me, gave me Eskimo kisses then placed his little hands on my cheeks, pulled me in, puckered his lips, gave me a HUGE kiss and said in that sweet voice "I wub you mommy.... THIISS MUCH" and opened his arms as far as possible.
*happy sigh*
I hope he feels as special as i just did when i do that to him every night. =)
it's amazing to think that these little children are watching you and learning from you every minute of their day... never underestimate how special the little things in life are.
That moment right there beats any kind of I-Pad or video system in my eyes ;-)


Keep yourself Healthy, Fit, and Fabulous!!
*Lallenia*




No comments:

Post a Comment