October 15, 2012

3 Week Video and Progress update!

"It's so cool to see that you are doing this for the experience."

I was so excited when one of my friends told me that this week!  She asked how I was feeling and I told her," Not bad. It's cool seeing and feeling the changes and seeing what this is all about. Not that I don't get cravings and struggle with not wanting to eat more than I should at times but I really just want to learn the experience of it all and show people yes it can be done if you're willing to work at it and pay the "price" for it."

(confused? start here)



I, like many people, used to be so in love/ jealous of the images created by media of all these girls and guys ripped up with their shirts off showing off six packs, super tan and looked happier than anyone in the world. Like being fit "looking fit" is the only way to be happy with yourself and your life.

It's not.

There is so much more out there in life to be happy about than fitting into a certain size of jeans.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing changes in my body and clients from working out and eating better. I feel more confident in myself when I workout and eat right. I also respect the people who are in the media that look that way, because if you have not had this lifestyle growing up and had to work for it, it takes a lot of work and discipline. And yes even if you've had the privilege of growing up in a fit family you still have to have the discipline to keep your body (inside & out) strong and healthy.

 My point is when I first wanted to do one of these bikini shows and get fit it was because I was in love with the media and the "idea" of it all. I honestly thought, "if only i had that kind of body I would be happier." or "If i only looked like this girl my boyfriend would love me more." and many other thoughts.

Each time I tried to train for it I would go about it unhealthy and driven to do it for selfish reasons. And each time there were other obstacles that kept me from doing so. I see this a lot with people trying to get healthier. They think it will happen overnight and go about it for all the wrong reasons!

 I feel like this time my head is on right and I am in a very happy place in my life. I realize that you do not need to look a certain way for someone to love you, you do not have to have a certain body type or be a certain dress size to be happy. I really just crave the challenge and the experience of it all.

The reason one should workout is to keep their body strong, mobile, and  healthy.  Then when you pair that with the proper nutrition it will to keep your insides strong and healthy. If you decide to take it farther and desire to change the way your body looks (which it WILL happen by being consistant with the previous but if you want to do more) it can happen but you need to make sure you are doing it for the right reasons and know it will NOT happen over night, It takes a lot of time and dedication. Then it takes maintenance work to keep it.





















Lets get move on to my results (i know I'm a little bit (a lot) of a chatter box..)

So I am 3 weeks from this show!!!!!! (EEEEEE..... )


My Husband cut out my salt from my eggs..... urgh REALLY? Already? how RUDE!

Yes I  call them eggies and no he is not my friend right now. 


I got into many arguments with this guy....
addicting...... =(


He won a couple times when I ate 3 servings instead of 1..... grrr..... not buying these again for a WHILE!

These condiments have been my saving grace when i get a sweet tooth....

mio, coffee, sugar free gum, sugar free syrup for coffee, almond milk, and flavored water.


I saw the sugar free syrups they use at Scooters at Hyvee & I decided to buy a couple.... bad idea. The vanilla is OK but the Irish cream (hey now I was trying to trick myself) It was gross DISGUSTING! (it's NOT baileys if you were wondering) Maybe it's just because i don't know how to make lattes and almond milk isn't the same as real milk... Whatever. I was feeling in need desperate.  BUT the Cascade sparkling "water" is really YUMMY! I'm sure starting next week they will be out of my diet due carbonation. =( 


I made a couple dishes like this One from the Paleo Comfort Food Book (AMAZING book!)

What they were supposed to look like and the recipe:




What mine REALLY looked like:

I LOVE them!!! 


All in All my results this week were AWESOME!

Weight: 136.0 (down 2lbs)
Body fat: 19.29% (1.08 % down WHOO!!!)
Lean Body Mass: 109.81 (SAME! YAY!)
Fat Mass: 26.25 lbs (I still have about 6-8 fat mass pounds to go....yuck)

This means i dropped fat again! AND kept my lean mass up!! AMAZING! I may lose a little bit of lean body mass these next few weeks I was told since I need to lose 2-3% more body fat. I am not liking that idea, we will see for everyones body responds differently to these kind of programs. I see how doing these shows can get addicting when you experiment with the different diets, workouts and see your bodies response. It's kind of cool!

You know what? I totally swear (like OMG! haha valley girl style or what?)  I was planning on posting progress pictures but just realized I didn't take any this morning!!! I had to get up for a date with the stairs and my girlfriend to practice my T-Walk.

Haha... HIGHLY entertaining for people who were setting up their body pump steps and weights I'm sure. Here is this Sassy little thing with Rhythm and moves... then theres me..... whatever. Watch the video and you'll see what i mean.



We just had some fun and she gave me some moves to do! I really hope I do not freeze on stage. I can tell i am getting better with the walking but REALLY need to work on moving with confidence, I don't mind the shoes... it's the whole half naked thing PLUS the heels that kinda freaks me out to be honest.

Well I should probably get off to bed now so I am not grouchy for my boot camp because of low carbs AND lack of sleep =)



Keep yourself Healthy, Fit, and Fabulous!!
*Lallenia*



No comments:

Post a Comment