December 31, 2014

Bringing in the new year wasted....

Bringing in the new year wasted.... well kind of....

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!!!!!!


Haha.... oh how i remember those days (although I cannot recall if I danced on the table ever but I am sure if I did my girlfriends will let me know!).... and it's silly those days don't really exist as much just because I am older with a husband and son. I'm not saying I should go out, get drunk and take my clothes off...  then hop up on the pool table by any means... don't get me wrong here (as long as I don't get too much champagne we should be able to avoid this).

What I AM saying is have you noticed that so many people get so wrapped up in the stresses of life that it consumes them?

They don't know how to have fun anymore and be grateful for what they DO have. We are always pushing to buy more THINGS, wish our lives we like someone else's and consume more (trash) from media (which is probably the reason for us always wanting more or thinking our life isn't the best ever). I know I'm guilty of all this.

I feel as if sometimes we forget the little things in life are the reason we are alive and can truly LIVE and LOVE and LAUGH.




One thing I am learning in my life is if you cannot be grateful and appreciate what you have you will never be happy with anything you get.

Have you ever just laughed at something because that''s all you can do to keep from crying?

That's my life right now.

If you've followed my blog and know me (lucky you!) you know I have had 2 shoulder surgeries so far on my shoulder from 2010 when I slipped and fell on someones sweat while teaching how to do a bear crawl during one of my bootcamps (oh how I miss them!!).

My shoulder has not recovered very well at ALL. And being an active person that thrives off of working out and moving a lot ... this has been a hard pill to swallow... (especially those pain killers!)

I don't do well sitting all day or not being able to go hard at the gym. It's extremely hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that "hey guess what you have a limitation and need to be cautious Lallenia."

Today as so many people are getting ready to drink champagne and dance on tables celebrating the New Year... I will be celebrating in my recliner & drinking down (medical) drugs... I'm sure by the end of the night i will imagine them looking like this....


I have to get yet ANOTHER  surgery done for my shoulder.... well this time its more so my bicep. I went in for a second opinion and found out my bicep has been the cause of my shoulder not healing so I asked for the first date available to get it over with.... Why not bring in the new year all drugged up... =D

Normally I'd be super depressed, upset and annoyed but this time I have honestly just had to laugh it off and be light hearted about it as I know the drill (pretty freaking well) by now and I've lived just fine this past year without working out as much as i want to... yes it's driving me BONKERS sometimes when I just want to lift heavy stuff and go sprinting on my hill.

I miss feeling strong physically and I miss the adrenalin working out gives me. But I am GRATEFUL I am able to get my shoulder taken care of and fixed without having to live the rest of my life in this pain. I am GRATEFUL it forces me to read so much and grow myself and our business. I am GRATEFUL for my friends and family who are there to support me and make me feel encouraged.

There are so many ways to view things in a negative light. This even ties in with your reflection in the mirror and the negatives you see in other people.

This quote I'm a little obsessed with right now because it really makes me think....




Instead of a resolution this year I am going to be writing EVERY night into this little journal (Target $1) what i am grateful for.



No one will remember you by the car you drive or the clothes you wore.... they will remember you by your ability to laugh at yourself and life when it doesn't go the way you want it to and if you were there when they needed a shoulder to cry on...

My hopes by sharing me new years plans is to let you know that even if you have to start the new year out in a less than ideal situation.... there is ALWAYS a way to look at it in a positive light. My hopes is also that more people will start a grateful journal instead of making crazy resolutions that aren't always feasible. When you live your life with a grateful heart the world will give you more things to be grateful about.

I know I've said this before but I TRULY believing 2015 will be one of the best years of my life and will be the year I am choosing to live it with a grateful heart. My wish is you will CHOOSE to do the same!!

I adore you ALL!!!!

Thank you for being apart of my story!

Keep yourself Healthy, Fit and FABULOUS always,

*Lallenia*

XoXo



No comments:

Post a Comment