June 4, 2012

Day 1 out of 30!

Day 1

I wake up at 4:15am to get ready to teach my amazing forged fit camp this morning. Brush my teeth, drink my coffee (black) and 20oz of water,  make sure my music is ready and load up my trunk with Sandbells.

As i am crusin down the road I realized my breath smells like coffee... yuck! I go to grab a piece gum and realize oh... this is processed I am not going to have this or anything else processed for 30 DAYS! I grit my teeth annoyed, wondering what was I thinking to agree to this? I'm sure my crew was super exited to know i had some mint smelling lip gloss to cover up coffee breath! =)

My good friend and client has turned me on to this Whole30 day challenge. We agreed to do it together from June 4th til July 4th.  If you want to learn more about it go here > http://whole9life.com/start/

(When I mention the word I diet I am talking about its real meaning: habitual decisions an individual or culture makes when choosing what foods to eat.)

In a nut shell it is basically where you eat fresh foods and nothing processed. Kind of like a paleo diet but it is a little more in depth as to what you eat. (Oh! No counting calories or ratios of fats, protein and carbs... I love that!!!!)

I have always thought I am a substantially healthy girl. I did not think this would be very different from how I do eat. It may only be Day 1, but I can tell I am in for an eye opener! For instance:


  • Breakfast I always have berries, 3 eggs and 1-2 pieces of sprouted bread. I am not going to have bread in the morning anymore... i will replace it with a kale shake. (yay!! i can still have my coffee!)
  • My Favorite snack is oatmeal, a tablespoon of PB and chocolate protein powder.... none of that is on the list of foods to eat.
  • I love almond milk shakes with protein powder, a banana and peanut butter... I will now have coconut milk with a banana and raw almond butter.

As one can see this will be an endeavor for me. Lets not forget I live with 3 guys...my husband who still loves to sneak white bread in the house and M&M's, my "little" brother who is 21 and brings junk food home from his church, and a little 2 1/2 year old who doesn't know what he wants half the time.

Why am I doing this? A couple reasons to be honest;


  • I want to see what kind of changes i will experience as far as cravings & resetting my body's natural instincts. Yes, I have a crazy sweet tooth which is why we do not have sweets in our house (not just because its unhealthy but I will eat all of them).
  •  I am excited to see the change in energy levels (I know some of you are thinking i do not need more energy!)
  •  I want to see how much it costs to the "average" person and how difficult it really is or isn't. That way when/if I make a recommendation I have been there and done that.
  •  I am SO tired of all these lose weight fast shakes and processed bologna (pun intended) companies who are only in it to make money! I have tried them out both drinking them and "selling." It is not for me. They are so easy to get sucked into (I've been there!). I want to feel healthy about who I am and what I am doing. I do not want to get "rich" because other people are buying my products that could potentially not be healthy for them in the end. My job is to help people on the right path to feeling healthy, fit and fabulous! I feel like the Whole30 people are right there with me!!

 This is the only life we have to live! Why not live it feeling the best we can by eating what God gave us to eat. Our bodies will look and feel better as a result of taking care of the environment by eating locally grown produce and meats that are not full of chemicals and junk.

Today's meals Consisted of:

Breakfast:
2 eggs made by my wonderful hubby over easy/medium yum!!
Shake: 1/4 cup full coconut milk, 1 cup kale, 1/2 banana, 2 prunes with ice blended.
I will be honest here... this shake was not the best! I am still playing with this kale, and my magic bullet finally died so it didn't get it all blended up =(



Lunch:

-2 pieces watermelon
-handful of cashews and almonds
-Organic Ground beef, kale, broccoli, onions, garlic, baby peppers, and 1/2 avocado.
Sauteed it all together (except avocado) Took about 20 minutes to chop and cook it all in a pan. Not bad! Plus I made extra for my husbands lunch tomorrow (saving time and money!)

I always sit my son next to me so he sees how mommy makes him healthy and strong! Its so cute because he tries all the veggies & food with me! He LOVES peppers and avocados! (he calls them "uh-bah-cah-dos") However he thinks raw white onions are "ucky mama."


Snack around 4 is an apple with Almond butter smeared on top, a few cherries & handful of raw almonds.

Dinner: My husbands friend gave us fillet mignons so i grilled these up with onions and peppers, sweet potato fries (chop, olive oil and broil 15 min= delish!) and sauteed yellow squash... total of about an hour considering we have a old charcoal grill (which the lid just broke on me... haha not having great luck today with my appliances!)



Probably one of my favorite meals! I do have to be careful with those sweet potatoes... I love em!

Snack: Craving sweets a little so we cut up a pineapple and I had some more raw cashews and almonds before bedtime to tie me over.

Can you believe my brother just walked in with a BOX of donuts!?? REALLY? On my first day with nothing processed he comes in with donuts?? Where in the heck was he yesterday??  ;)

Don't worry I ran as fast as I could to my room and started writing in my blog to distract me! (thanks guys!)

I do feel a little hungry right now even though i feel i ate a lot today and did not go hungry so i am thinking this is just my mind and habit kicking in OH and maybe those donuts on the counter nagging at my brain... i will choose to ignore that feeling....

Looking forward to tomorrow and getting some of my clients in my new home gym!! It's so close to being completely finished!! It's nothing fancy but yet so perfect!! Just like my life! =D Happy Monday!


Keep yourself Healthy, Fit, and Fabulous!!
*Lallenia*

No comments:

Post a Comment